History: Camp Joy began in 1946. Dr. Lee Roberson, the pastor of the Highland Park Baptist Church purchased 66 acres in Harrison, TN at a government auction. The Camp was named after his baby daughter, Joy, who died of crib death. He called it "The Place Where Boys and Girls Begin to Live". Ten weeks of summer camp was held each summer from 1946 until a tornado destroy much of the camp campus in the spring of 2013. Over the years thousands of campers came from the tri-state area each summer free of charge for one week of camp. The camp would alternate boys and girls week.
The camp presently is in able to host day camps and also host Skateboarding Saturday's. We hope to be able to re-establish overnight camping and retreats in the future.